Sunday, March 22, 2009

St. Patrick's Day in Savannah 2009

Alex's 1st St. Patrick's Day Parade !
The Youngblood's the morning of St. Patty's getting ready for the Parade!!
This year was Alex's 1st St. Patrick's Day Parade! It has been a tradition for Gary and his family to partake in all of the fesitivies in Savannah to celebrate their fmaily heritage from Ireland. My first St. Patty's Day was 6 years aog and I have come a long way from the rowdy partying that I once took part in, to now walking with Gary in the Parade. Gary is a member of the AOH ( Ancient Order of the Hibernians). He has walked for many years with them, I am not sure how long. Now Gary is able to share this experience with Alex! The St. Patty's Day weekend started off with the Irish Heritage dance, followed by the Tara Feis on Saturday, and The Celtic Cross on Sunday. Alex and Gary attended Celtic Cross alone, while I held down the fort at home. Then on Tuesday this year was the Parade. The 2nd largest Parade in the Nation! Father O'Brien was the grand marshall this year! He is the priest that married Gary & I. It was so wonderful to have a connection to this years Grand Marshall:) I don't have any photos because we walked and I didn't get a photo:( Enjoy the photos! Alex is 10 months old:) I can't believe he will be 1 in just a couple of months!




Kiss Me I'm Irish Shirt! Thanks Auntie Kim!


Daddy & Alex!



Auntie Julie, Alex & Mommy!

Uncle Billy & Alex

Gary & I at the Irish Heritage dance

No comments: